Choosing to actively participate in your church community creates a deeper connection and dimension to your spiritual practice. There are many opportunities at Neighborhood Church to explore. However you get involved, connecting with other church members and making Neighborhood your community is vital to a full and rich life at church. For more information about any of these groups, please contact Membership and Stewardship Coordinator Natalie Monsanto.
Here are a few activities, programs, and opportunities to consider:
- Music groups, such as Neighborhood Chorus and Bell Choir
- Lifelong Learning classes, lectures, and workshops
- Social groups such as Circle Suppers, Newcomer Potlucks, annual People of Color Barbeque, etc.
- Chalice Circle covenant groups
- Sunday morning volunteering, such as greeting, ushering, or serving coffee
- Camp de Benneville Pines, UUA camp in the San Bernardino Mountains
- Book discussion groups
- Special interest groups, such as Social Justice Knitting and Writing as a Spiritual Activity
- Building projects with Esperanza in Tijuana and Habitat for Humanity
- Numerous committees and lay leadership opportunities