Established in 1885, Neighborhood Church is a thriving beacon of liberal religion in the greater Pasadena community. We are a self-sustaining community that gives back generously with our money, time, and talent in order to foster an ongoing, year-round culture of stewardship to support our mission. Neighborhood Church sustains its programs, ministries, and facilities through the regular and recurring financial contributions of our members and friends. Your annual pledge is a commitment to the future well-being of our congregation.
How Much Should I Give?
It costs approximately $2,000 per household to sustain Neighborhood each year. Members and pledging friends contribute at levels appropriate to their income and financial circumstances. Please see our giving guide (to the right) to help determine the right pledge and payment options for you and your family. As you think about the spiritual home you’ve found here and the values we embody in our world, please give as generously as you can.
What Does Your Giving Support?
- Worship & Music: 37% Sunday Worship that reaches almost 500 people weekly and our prophetic, liberal voice in the world.
- Building & Grounds: 29% Mortgage, maintenance & custodial care of grounds and sacred spaces.
- Social Justice: 11% Community programs that put our faith in action.
- Lifelong Learning: 11% Educational activities for over 300 children, youth, & adults.
- Congregational Life: 10% Member activities, services, programs, pastoral care.
- UUA Connections: 2% Annual Association & District dues.
Other Ways to Give
Offering Every Sunday we collect an offering to support our congregation and community partners. We give away over $40,000 a year to organizations living our values in the world. Sharing one’s financial gift is part of the worship experience. We pass the plate during our worship service as a communal expression of thanks.Fundraising Throughout the year, Neighborhood provides opportunities for member and friends to participate in fundraising efforts that build community and support the church. Have an idea for fundraising at the church? Contact Brent Huss.
Planned Giving The Neighborhood Heritage Society honors members who have made a commitment to include Neighborhood Church in their wills, trusts, and other planned giving designations. Please consider making the Church part of your planned giving. Contact Tom Petersmeyer.