Neighborhood Unitarian Universalist Church Celebrates #GivingTuesday and Pledges to Build Accessible All Gender Bathrooms in the Sanctuary
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities, and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. Following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping “holidays” of excess Black Friday and Cyber Monday, this year’s #GivingTuesday will take place on November 27th and will kick off the Giving Season by inspiring people to collaborate and give back.
This year for our first #GivingTuesday NUUC is making a final push towards converting our “bride’s” room in the Narthex into all gender bathrooms that are also ADA accessible to make our sanctuary accessible to ALL congregants and guests. These bathrooms will be single stall with wheelchair accessibility, changing tables, accessible sinks, and baby nursing stations.
During #GivingTuesday, your dollar will go further! Every dollar up to $49,000 that is raised by our congregation will be matched by a Spirit Grant to build the bathrooms!
We want to go BIG this giving season and will be celebrating #GivingTuesday from November 27th until December 31st and we need the entire congregation to help out!
Ways you can help:
- Follow us on Social Media and SHARE our #givingtuesday campaign!
- Share why you gave to the Sanctuary fund with an #UNSelfie! Download your #UNSelfie sheet here or create your own!
- Challenge your friends and family! When you share our #GivingTuesday campaign, tag 5 friends and invite them to meet your donation – you can easily turn your $5 donation into $30 this way.
Ways to donate:
- Text NEIGHBORHOOD SANCTUARY to 73256 to give to Sanctuary Grant using your text messaging. Standard text message rates do apply.
- Visit us online HERE
- Donate on Sunday! You can put your donation in the offering plate with “Sanctuary Fund” in the memo line
- Come to the Alternative Gift Market on December 9th! We’ll have a table just for #GivingTuesday
- Scan the code below on your phone
Founded in 2012 by the 92nd Street Y – a community and cultural center in New York City – #GivingTuesday inspired millions of people to give back and support the causes they believe in. Over $300 million was raised online to benefit a tremendously broad range of organizations, and much more was given in volunteer hours, donations of food and clothing, and acts of kindness.