If you have registered in the past and there are no updates, please only enter the name of your child or children on the form and complete the authorizations, emergency contact, and behavioral covenant sections. That’s it! If you have moved or are registering for OWL, please fill out the appropriate sections of the form. Please contact Director of Spiritual Exploration Matt Vasko for more information.
PROGRAM FEE STRUCTURE
Families with children or youth in our program are asked to either make a financial contribution (pledge) to the church or pay a program fee. The fee is $300 per child/youth with a family maximum of $500 for the year. If this is a financial hardship for any family, a one year partial or full scholarship may be requested from our Director of Spiritual Exploration.
|Class||Pledging Member||Community and Non-Pledging|
|Youth Spiritual Exploration (PreK – Sr.High)||$0||$300|
Our church community is created and sustained through the energy and vitality of its participants. The YSE teachers and committee members are volunteers, who depend on adult support to maintain a well-rounded program. In this spirit, registration of children and youth into the YSE Program is seen as a covenant in partnership between parents, children, the YSE Committee and the church community as a whole. We ask our families to complete a registration form each September to keep our files current, volunteer in key areas in the program, including the classroom, and agree to abide by the following behavioral covenant:
We believe that each and every person is important.
• Safety is our first concern!
• Children must remain in classrooms or supervised areas until picked up by parents.
• Only gentle play is appropriate on church grounds.
• Treat everyone with respect. Use caring language and behavior.
We believe that all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
• Listen and follow directions.
• Be polite. Take turns.
• Care about one another.
We believe that we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
• Make a commitment to regular attendance. Your friends and teachers depend upon you.
• Include everyone in activities and planning.
• Friends are welcome. Let them know our rules.
• Participate with enthusiasm.
We believe that each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
• Share your ideas and respect the ideas of others.
We believe that all persons should have the right to speak out and have a vote about what concerns them.
• Express your opinions constructively.
• Respect the decision of the group.
We believe in working for a peaceful, fair and free world.
• Ask for help when you need it.
• Do your best to get along with others and to be helpful.
• Be willing to listen to reminders about your behavior.
• Participate in church social action projects.
We believe in caring for our planet earth, the home we share with all living things.
• Take good care of our church. Help clean up.
• Be careful with our space, furniture and materials.
• Use only what you need. Recycle.
• Be gentle with the plants and animals, being mindful of where you play and walk in the gardens and forest.
Failure to adhere to the behavioral covenant may result in the following consequences:
1. Invited to sit (or stand) by a teacher/adult helper.
2. Given a helpful task and then reintegrated into the group.
3. Spend class time with DSE or SE Assistant.
4. Escorted to sit with their parents for the remainder of the service/class time.
5. Parents may be asked to come into the classroom.